[mrtg] Re: Getting stats /w cisco & fast-ethernet interfaces

Tim Sheets TSheets at Illinois.net
Sat Jun 23 16:14:24 MEST 2001

I saw a couple of replies referencing IOS versions that *may* be a more
permanent solution, but another thought (and what I have done in this
scenrio) is to grab the individual stats from the switch itself.  But, then
again, I don't have many ports to worry about on the switch.

Just a thought.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Turenne, Eric
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Sent: 6/20/2001 10:24 AM
Subject: [mrtg] Getting stats /w cisco & fast-ethernet interfaces

Someone as been able to get FAST-ETHERNET sub-interfaces (ISL or dot1q
trunks) stats with mrtg and cisco routers? Seen with smpwalk , the
problem
seems to be that cisco IOS does not list fast-ethernet with iftable
requests.

I have all kind of cisco boxes running IOS 12.0.4

Frame-relay sub-interfaces works fine.

TIA

--Eric