[mrtg] Re: Monitoring temperature on a RedHat 7.0 machine with an ASUS K7V motherboard

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Jun 29 15:04:21 MEST 2001

Matt,

I don't think that motherboard provides CPU temp.  I looked around the Asus site, but didn't see any indication of it being tracked with one of their mibs.  You could try to contact their tech support to see if they know of anything.  Good luck,

Paul

>>> "Matthew Snead" <syntax53 at hotmail.com> 06/29/01 08:57AM >>>

I have been searching so long for how to monitor the cpu temperature I'vej
 ust about given up hope.  I have mrtg configured now to monitor my webhits,
# of mail messages, bytes of mail messages, cpu load, network card, and both
network cards on my cisco 1720 router.  I've seen mrtg pages with the
temperature graphed so I know it's possible, but none of them show their
mrtg config files or how they did it.  If anyone could give me ANY insight,I
  would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Matt Snead