[mrtg] Re: can this be done and how

Matt Walkowiak mwalkowi at intxx.com
Fri Jun 29 15:41:51 MEST 2001

I know almost nothing about shell scripting, but couldn't you have the
threshold run a script, that increments a global variable that starts at 0
(x=x+1), then later in the script it does an if/then statement (if x=3
then...), checking that variable to see if it has reached a value of 3.  If
it is true, it resets the variable to 0 (set x=0) and then sends the alert
(mail me at abc.com -s "DOWN!!! < alert.txt).  Would that work?

Matt