[mrtg] Re: snmp v2 question

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at k332.feld.cvut.cz
Thu Mar 1 10:46:29 MET 2001

> I set up my mrtg.cfg file to poll a cisco router running 12.1 code to poll
> your basic octets in/out on a Serial interface and a Fast Ethernet.  I used
> :::::2 to use snmp v2 to do it. I got nothing but zeroes back. As soon as I
> removed the v2 from my cfg file, I started getting numbers back, so snmp is
> working fine.

I have identical problem with Cisco switch Catalyst 3500XL.
MRTG don't says errors, but I got zeroes in RRD files.
With Catalyst4000, and Cisco12000 everything works fine.

When I try read octets with snmpwalk and option SNMPv2c, I got normal numbers.
I don't know, where is problem. Maybe some bug in IOS, or mrtg.

> Does anyone know what the problem is? Does the router need to be configured
> to support v2 in some secret way or is there a problem using the default OID
> with v2?

I have some question...