[mrtg] Feature Suggestion

nellson at or.blm.gov nellson at or.blm.gov
Fri Mar 2 19:37:02 MET 2001

A quick feature suggestion. Below is an example of a cfgmaker/indexmaker
batch file I use. There are several "globals" that I use for each device on
my network. Among them are the back ground images, and other customizations
that are the same for every page created for my WAN. This gives a nice
fluid look, and by having my cfg files seperate for each device I can keep
documentation modular. Now I have 38 such lines in my main "build.bat"
file. It would be a great feature if cfgmaker and indexmaker had an option
to read in globals from a single file. that way I could put all this just
once into a single "profile" file if you will, and keep the actual command
line smaller. I think at some point ther is an actual limit to what will
work on a single command line anyway, isn't there?

Does this sound like a good idea?

Thanks again Tobi (and supporters) for a great tool!

Nick

c:\perl\bin\perl c:\mrtg\bin\cfgmaker --no-down --show-op-down --ifref
descr --global "WithPeak[_]: ymy" --global "Icondir: /images" --global
"options[_]: growright,bits" --global "PageTop[^]: <body bgcolor=#FFFFFF
background=/images/marb009.jpg>" --global "WorkDir: c:\www\nwcc" --global
"PageTop[^]: <body bgcolor=#FFFFFF background=/images/marb009.jpg>"
--output=c:\mrtg\configs\nwcc.cfg public at 158.68.x.x
c:\perl\bin\perl c:\mrtg\bin\indexmaker --section description --title "NWCC
Router" --output=/www/nwcc/index.html /mrtg/configs/nwcc.cfg