[mrtg] Re: oid for temperature on a cisco 6509?

Daniel J McDonald dmcdonald at digicontech.com
Tue Mar 6 17:52:48 MET 2001

Although
> I admit this is a rather trival question...

There is supposed to be an application that lets you know which mibs apply
to which platforms on cco, but it doesn't seem to work very well.  Reading
the text of the CISCO-ENVIRONMENTAL-MIB says it only applies to 7200, 7500,
and GSR's.

I tried to find something in the CISCO-STACK-MIB, where most of the catalyst
information is.  I didn't run across it there either.

So, if this is essential information to pull via SNMP, go ahead an open a
TAC case, call it priority 5 (feature request) and let them roll with it.

If you just want the information and are handy with perl, try using the HTTP
server on the MSFC to pull the information...  Something on the order of:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use LWP::UserAgent;
$ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
$URL ='http://172.16.0.12/exec/show/environment/all/cr';
$req = new HTTP::Request GET => $URL;
$req->authorization_basic('username','password');
$foo = $ua->request($req);
$response = $$foo{_content};
$response =~ /inlet.+C\/(\d+)F.+C\/(\d+)F/;
$inlet = $1; $outlet = $2;
print "$inlet\n$outlet\n0\n0\n";

In fact, I think I'm going to set that up myself...  It will end up on
http://mrtg.del-valle.k12.tx.us when I've got it working.