[mrtg] Re: oid's for Cisco and Sun servers

Vasudeva Venkateshaiah VVenkateshaiah at covigo.com
Wed Mar 7 19:05:14 MET 2001

Hi..

Thanks for the detailed reply. As you said , I installed the MRTG on Sun
Server and said 'now what'? The reason why I don't know how to use the
udc-snmp and the Cisco mibs is may be I have do a little bit of study on
snmp, like using the snmp command line instructions. I went through the
list-archive and found almost everyone on the list using the OIDs to get
what they want. I didn't get as to how do you use these OID's in the when
you are building your mrtg.cfg file and How do I get these oid's for the
equipments I am using like the E220Rs and Cisco 3660 Access servers.

As you have said can I build different .cfg files and take everything and do
a cut and paste to a single .cfg file and run the 'mrtg' command to build a
single page where I will get everything? Basically I am missing the first
step from where I need to start and I can carry on from there. Your mail
made me realize that building this is not easy as I had thought.

Thanks again.

Vasudev.