[mrtg] Log file corruption

Daniel.Curry at tsola.com Daniel.Curry at tsola.com
Wed Mar 7 19:03:07 MET 2001

Hello everyone,
	My MRTG install was working fine until this past weekend.  No one
made any changes to the systems, but when I came in on Monday I had this
kind of messages filling my mailbox and nearly killing my mail server.  Can
anyone please tell me what happened and what I need to do to fix, update,
and prevent from happening again?

<snip>
Rateup ERROR: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup found redline.disktransferspersecond's
log file was corrupt
          or not in sorted order:
time: 983959813.Rateup WARNING: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup could not read the
primary log file for redline.disktransferspersecond
Rateup ERROR: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup found redline.disktransferspersecond's
log file was corrupt
          or not in sorted order:
time: 983959813.Rateup WARNING: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup The backup log file for
redline.disktransferspersecond was invalid as well
WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0
 with Exit Value 1 when doing router 'redline.disktransferspersecond'
 Signal was 0, Returncode was 1
Rateup ERROR: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup found redline.diskqueuelenght's log file
was corrupt
          or not in sorted order:
time: 1024000000.Rateup WARNING: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup could not read the
primary log file for redline.diskqueuelenght
Rateup ERROR: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup found redline.diskqueuelenght's log file
was corrupt
          or not in sorted order:
time: 1024000000.Rateup WARNING: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup The backup log file
for redline.diskqueuelenght was invalid as well
WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0
 with Exit Value 1 when doing router 'redline.diskqueuelenght'
 Signal was 0, Returncode was 1
Rateup ERROR: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup found redline.diskfreemegabytes's log
file was corrupt
          or not in sorted order:
time: 1024000000.Rateup WARNING: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup could not read the
primary log file for redline.diskfreemegabytes
Rateup ERROR: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup found redline.diskfreemegabytes's log
file was corrupt
          or not in sorted order:
time: 1024000000.Rateup WARNING: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup The backup log file
for redline.diskfreemegabytes was invalid as well
WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0
 with Exit Value 1 when doing router 'redline.diskfreemegabytes'
 Signal was 0, Returncode was 1
</snip>

Thanks

Daniel Curry                                              Sr. Systems
Engineer
daniel.curry at tsola.com                                              Tsola,
Inc.
650.486.2624                                               Fax:650.486.2650