[mrtg] updating and moving servers 2.8.12 -> 2.9.10
tsilcox at maxlink.com
Thu Mar 8 04:54:33 MET 2001
Any advice on moving mrtg from a sun server over to an x86 Linux box?
I've got 2.8.12 on the sun box with 5 sub directories for citys.
I'm moving to a fresh pc box with linux 7.0, apache and mrtg 2.9.10.
How do I co-ordinate timing in the move? How does mrtg handle "down time"
durning the move?
While I'm doing the move, I'd like to
- impliment a "top 10" using a script from another listee, below.
- also a total script from http://iserv.nl/traffic/totaal/ or
- install ms frontpage extentions to apache to allow some quicker html
enhancements for the entire web interface
I have some scripts that were given to me by another listee, I can't
remeber who though. It does the following:
- scans through the html files in a single directory and picks out
average in and out
- adds them together and sorts them based on percentage
- produces an html page with the top x number of "talkers"
for that time period
I have hacked the scripts to do some other stuff, and I run cron
jobs to produce the following:
Top inbound talkers
Top outbound talkers
Top total talkers
Same as above
but I also move the previous day's rankings to an archive folder
and rename it day+in, day+out, and day+total.
Let me know if you'd like them and I'll p-mail them to you.
Unsubscribe mailto:mrtg-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=unsubscribe
FAQ http://faq.mrtg.org Homepage http://www.mrtg.org
More information about the mrtg