[mrtg] Re: Threshhold: how to alert only once

Daniel B. Widdis aqua at compuserve.com
Thu Mar 8 06:49:56 MET 2001

A bit more troubleshooting/info.

The *.I files do go away when I am under the threshhold.

They are also present on routers where I have not specified a threshhold
(probably over a default zero threshhold).

The presence of the *.I files apparently indicates that I am over the
threshhold, however, the documentation indicates MRTG is supposed to not run
the script repeatedly if that file is present.  I suppose I could kludge my
scripts to check for the existence of that file and not alert me if that
file is present, but this does not seem to be the advertised threshhold
behavior.

Dan