[mrtg] Re: Cisco 3524 switch finding but not showing down ports?

nellson at or.blm.gov nellson at or.blm.gov
Thu Mar 8 23:57:24 MET 2001

I looked at the config a little closer and think that I see why it is
commented. I take it the port cannot be left at "auto" and be displayed by
mrtg?

I will not know if the device will be 10 or 100 Mbit before had so I am
hesitant at presetting the speed on an unused switchport.

Any ideas on how to get MRTG's cfgmaker to treat these as 100BaseT ports
(or something)  until they are used?

### Interface 7 >> Descr: 'FastEthernet0/6' | Name: 'Fa0/6' | Ip: '' | Eth:
'00-02-fd-28-cd-46' ###
### The following interface is commented out because:
### * has a speed of 0 which makes no sense

Nick