[mrtg] Re: Monitoring Lan Cards on Servers

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Mar 9 04:11:01 MET 2001

Harry,

Just run cfgmaker against the IP address or dns name of a server with snmp
installed, voila!  you'll have network traffic for in and out octets.  Nowr
 equests on the other hand...I'm not sure how you would handle that.  Youw
 ould need to make sure the mib you loaded had the kind of requests you
were looking for (like cache hit ratio or something like that).

something like this:

perl cfgmaker public at x.x.x.x > mrtg.cfg

Paul

>>> Varvarigos Harry <Harry.Varvarigos at siemens.com.au> 03/08/01 09:56PM >>>

Hi,

Please excuse me if this question seems obvious or simplistic to some, but I
have been searching through the user groups and cannot find any
configuration details on how to modify mrtg.cfg so as to monitor NT server
lan traffic; in-comming requests to the NT Server.  I know there is
voluminous discussion on monitoring throughput and output data on routers,
but I could find no tips on server lan card traffic.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Harry Varvarigos
Email: harry.varvarigos at siemens.com.au

CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this message in error please notify Siemens Ltd., ABN 98004347880, or Siemens (NZ) Limited immediately.