[mrtg] secondary address on ethers

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Wed Mar 14 21:04:28 MET 2001

So, we are an ISP, and when we co-locate equipment with businesses, many times part of the deal is that
we give them connectivity.

Now, in many places, we cannot put them on their own interface on our router, so they wind up being
plugged into the same ether that we use for our dial equipment with a secondary address. These are all
Cisco routers. We want to see wxactly how much traffic the businesses are pushing versus the traffic
we push. Is there a way I can monitor them separately? I tried monitoring by IP, but it is not working.

--
Daniel R. Kilbourne
daniel.kilbourne at voyager.net
Network Engineering