[mrtg] Re: Unable to get the data on FR

Epps, Alan Alan_Epps at tvratings.com
Wed Mar 21 15:36:53 MET 2001

Sidharth,

At a guess you are using externally clocked frame connections, rather than
using the clocking in the router. By default (depending on OS revision) you
get "0", "32k" or "64.1k" as the reported speed for externally clocked
connections. You need to set the external clock speed line on the router's
configuration for the frame line in question.

One way to do this is to pull up site manager, go into configuration
manager, select "dynamic". Once the configuration comes up select the comm
port you need to fix and "edit line". Set the clock speed to what it should
be to pump the volume of packets you are moving, save it, and you are done.

Hope this helps,

Alan
Alan S. Epps                   alan_epps at tvratings.com
Senior Network Engineer        727-738-3313
Nielsen Media Research