[mrtg] MRTG and WhatsUp Gold

Karen Marino kmarino at returncentral.com
Mon Mar 26 21:32:12 MEST 2001

I have WhatsUp Gold monitoring smtp item ifOperstatus.1 every 30
seconds.  It spits out a tab delimitated text file like the following:

Date	Time	[10.10.10.240]:1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.1
[10.10.10.249]:1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.1
3/26/2001	13:12:02	1	1
3/26/2001	13:12:32	1	1
3/26/2001	13:13:02	1	1
3/26/2001	13:13:32	1	1

I would like to be able to put this information into a nice little mrtg
graph.  Any ideas?  I have successfully made graphs with the data in
excel but the graphs are very ugly.  I want to be able to view the graph
in these 30 second intervals.  I have set up mrtg to monitor the
ifoperstatus on the routers by itself but the data is always behind by 5
minutes, and we want to be able to tell exactly how long our connection
has been down.

Thanks in advance,
Karen