[mrtg] help with "counter" mode running for External scripts

Robert Schwartz Robert.Schwartz at sfcommerce.com
Mon Mar 26 22:04:58 MEST 2001

Hi,

I'm having a hard time getting mrtg to run in counter mode (ie: NO gauge or
NO absolute option) when monitoring an external script.

Here is my mrtg.cfg section:

Target[auths]: `perl -e 'print time . "\n" . (time + 10) .
"\nsometime\ndev1.com\n";'`
MaxBytes[auths]: 1000000000
Options[auths]: nopercent, integer
XSize[auths]: 360
Ysize[auths]: 75
Title[auths]: Statististics
PageTop[auths]: <H1>Total Statistics</H1>
YLegend[auths]: # A's/5min
ShortLegend[auths]: A/5 min
Legend1[auths]:  Total Auths
Legend2[auths]:  Total Auths
LegendI[auths]:  Total Auths:
LegendO[auths]:  Total Auths:

Here is the top few lines in the auth.log:

[~/fpgraph]more html/auths.log
985636719 985636719 985636729
985636719 1 1 1 1
985636408 1 1 1 1
985636200 1 1 1 1
985635900 1 1 1 1
985635600 0 0 1 1
985635300 0 0 1 1
985635000 1 1 1 1
985634700 1 1 1 1
985634400 1 1 1 1
985634100 1 1 1 1
985633800 1 1 1 1
985633500 1 1 1 1
985633200 1 1 1 1
985632900 1 1 1 1
985632600 1 1 1 1
985632300 1 1 1 1
985632000 1 1 1 1
985631700 1 1 1 1
985631400 1 1 1 1
985631100 1 1 1 1

As you can see, I'm doing something real simple (granted, numbers are
largish) but for some reason, I get all ones. Environment is: SunOS 5.6
sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

Can anyone help???

Thanks,

-Rob