[mrtg] Plot number of active ISDN calls (B-Channel) to time on Cisco 7206

duncanchorley at blueyonder.co.uk duncanchorley at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 15:21:02 MEST 2001

Hi

I have 6 Cisco 7200 routers that have 2 E1 controllers. They use ISDN (net3) to connect to an estate of Cisco 800 routers.

I want to monitor the contention rate of the ISDN lines on the 6 core ISDN routers.
To plot number the number of active ISDN calls (B-Channel) to time on the Cisco 7206's

I was able to do this on a AS5300 using a config off the MRTG mailing list.

#---------------------------------------------------------------
#This is the configuration to get DSOs and PPP Sessons
#
Target[travis53_active_connections]:1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4.0&1.3.6.1.41.9.10.19.1.1.5.0:public at travis-as5800-01.the.net
Maxbytes[travis53_active_connections]: 200
Ylegend[travis53_active_connections]: # of Connections
LegendI[travis53_active_connections]: DS0s
LegendO[travis53_active_connections]: PPP Sessions
Title[travis53_active_connections]: DS0s and PPP sessions in Use
PageTop[travis53_active_connections]: <H1>DS0s and PPP sessions in Use</H1>
 <TABLE>
   <TR><TD>System:</TD><TD>Travis53</TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>MRTG by coe-iae at cisco.com</TD><TD></TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>DS0s and PPP sessions in Use</TD><TD></TD></TR>
  </TABLE>
Options[travis53_active_connections]: gauge

I have download the MIB document for a Cisco 7206 using IOS 11.2P.
I have not been able to workout the MIB numbers to acheive the require result.
Is there a book or website that can take you through the steps of working out your MIB numbers that MRTG needs to query.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Duncan