[mrtg] Re: MIB files

Keith Olmstead kolmstea at centurytel.net
Thu Mar 29 23:06:54 MEST 2001

I think I might have found out my problem.  After doing some more digging,
I found on deja.com that if you add .0 at the end of your OID it will
work.  I did that I stopped getting the snmpget error that I was previously
getting.

My problem was the when I did snmpget on the specific oid it did not find
it, did not know what it was.  Even an snmpwalk did not find the OIDs that
I got from GetIF.  So I assumed that my Unix box just did not know what the
specific OID that I was looking for was.  So I found the "LoadMIB" command
to load the MIB files that I got for the Cache Engine.

I will try your suggestion below.  I do know the specific OIDs that I want
and I might make a txt file with them in and just use that instead of the
MIB files that I got from Cisco.

Question though.  How did by adding the ".0" at the end of my OID fix my
problem.

--Keith