[mrtg] What script does my ISP use?

Henk-Jan Kloosterman proxy at mail.kloosterman.org
Mon May 7 12:10:44 MEST 2001

My ISP calculates "Usage Based Billing" The router that is connected to the
ISP is our own, and I am measuring it with MRTG.

I want to to the same, and check there billing method!

In the DOCs of my ISP the following is told about the method:

Suppose I have a 2Mb/s leased line.
We have a standard contract of 512kb/s

This is how they calculate the total "UBB" : UBBav=UBBvol/(UBBper+comptime)

UBBvol=The total kilobithigher then contract (All 5 minutes added together)
UBBper=the number of 5 minute periodes that gave UBBvol
comptime= 5% of 24hour

Is this a standard script? Because I think a lot of ISP's use this method?
Does someone have a clue on how to make such a scipt using the 5 min's
intervals from MRTG? I want to do this on a dailbasis.

Please help.

Henk-J.