[mrtg] Re: Temperature sensors

David Gabler dgabler at truelink.com
Thu May 10 16:52:44 MEST 2001

LC,

You might look into rolling your own.  One example of this is
http://www.phanderson.com/T_kit/overview.html This kit can measure 8
temperature sensors.  Other kits can measure up to 256 probes.   The
only "downfall" for these kits is they do not have a snmp/ethernet etc
for them.  HOWEVER you may be able to use a device like
http://www.siteplayer.com/ 's SitePlayer developer kit to act as a
bridge between serial and ethernet.  Sounds like fun to me. I have the
probe kit down.  Now I just need to get work to buy me a developer kit.
Personally I think that this way although harder at times has much more
of a return.

Whatever you decide please keep the list up to date so those of us
interested can keep informed.

David