[mrtg] Interesting Issue

Josh Goldfarb jgoldfarb at KodiakComputer.com
Thu May 10 18:53:13 MEST 2001

As a regular to this list. I am having several problems with
implementing thresholds with rrdtool (on IIS of course, I know all of
you *nix guys keep telling me to switch) and as you can see from the
config file down there that I have to comment out those lines inorder
for my .cgi to keep appearing.
when I uncomment the lines I get some wierd issues, First:  Sometimes
when I pull the .cgi file up in web browser it asks me to "save to disk"
(what a joke that is, IIS issue i know), Secondly: it either asks me to
save or it just comes up with nothing. (really wierd issue, but
sometimes it can be the end use like myself) So i Jam the keyboard and
it still doesn't work.  I also for it to pull the data from the server
by holding Shift+f5 (refresh), and still nothing. Then I just sit back
and stare for a long time until my boss comes in and asks me what I am
doing and I always say the same thing-- "working hard as always"
----(sorry for the personal happenings, but this has been bugging me for
two weeks because I have to get this threshold working)

Any ideas, thoughts, comments or anything I would greatly appreciate it
in any way
thanks
josh goldfarb

---------
Portion of my config file
----------

#workdir: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\kodiakmrtg
Htmldir: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\kodiakmrtg
ImageDir: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\kodiakmrtg
LogDir: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\kodiakmrtg

#Start RDTOOl Add-ons------------------------
# Modify logfiles (.*log) to RRD format (*.rrd)
LogFormat: rrdtool
# RRD Executable (rrdtool.exe) location
PathAdd: c:\rrdtool\perl-shared\t
PathAdd: c:\rrdtool\src\tool_release
# RRD Perl Module (RRDs.pm) location
LibAdd: c:\rrdtool\perl-shared
# Stop RDTOOL Add-ONs-------------------------

#14all*GraphErrorsToBrowser: 1

# UnionDC - @Home Internet Serial

Target[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: #Et2/0:monitor at 149.2.x.x:
<mailto:#Et2/0:monitor at 149.2.x.x:>
SetEnv[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: MRTG_INT_IP="10.252.0.2"
MRTG_INT_DESCR="Serial2/0"
MaxBytes[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: 193000
# ThreshMinI[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: 0
# ThreshMaxI[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: 170000
# ThreshProgI[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: threshold.bat
# ThreshMinO[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]:1200
# ThreshMaxO[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]:170000
# ThreshProgO[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: threshold.bat
# ThreshDesc[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: "Alert with
UnionDC-atworkInternets1"
Title[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: UnionDC - @home Internet Router
Serial2/0
PageTop[UnionDC-atworkInternets1]: <H1>UnionDC - @home Internet Router
Serial2/0</H1>
 <TABLE>
   <TR><TD>Max Speed:</TD>  <TD>193.0 kBytes/s</TD></TR>
 </TABLE>