[mrtg] Re: Configuring Mrtg

C.Prickaerts at UB.UNIMAAS.NL C.Prickaerts at UB.UNIMAAS.NL
Mon May 14 12:01:14 MEST 2001

Hi Steve,

I don't think you'd have to put the MRTG graphs your WWW dir perse, but
since you'd like to show them via WWW that'd be the smartest thing to do
(otherwise you'd have to setup apache to access files outside it's root, in
general not a wise thing).

I have a Linux setup too. Put mrtg in a sub-dir, put the script in there
(alter the WorkDir: setting to this path) and fire up MRTG (/usr/bin/mrtg
./home/httpd/html/mrtg/scriptname ). You'll also want to have it run as a
daemon, so put RunAsDaemon:Yes also in the .cfg script. This way it run
every 5 mminutes.

regards,

hris