[mrtg] Re: Perl script needed

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Mon May 14 14:55:01 MEST 2001

Do you want to do this on a Windows box or a *nix box?

Do you want to do it only one time, or many?

If I were doing it on a *nix box, I would avtually just create
a simple shell script rather than perl....

ie:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/bin/snmpset blah.foo.com public .OID value
/usr/local/bin/snmpset blah2.foo.com public .OID2 value
/usr/local/bin/snmpset blah3.foo.com public .OID3 value
/usr/local/bin/snmpset blah4.foo.com public .OID4 value
/usr/local/bin/snmpset blah5.foo.com public .OID5 value
/usr/local/bin/snmpset blah6.foo.com public .OID6 value

then it would just be a matter of doing a chmod +x set.sh and running ./set.sh

would this work?

David Sawyer extolled:

> First of all I want to apologise for the off topic post.
>
> I have helped a few people on this list, especially WindowsNT/2K users with
> my Daemon, creep creep, grovel, grovel :-)
> I know nothing about Perl scripting and I don't have the resource or time to
> learn right now.
>
> I would like somebody to create a small Perl script that will do the
> following...
>
> Send SNMP SET command(s) to over 140 Cisco routers.
>
> And that's it.
>
> If anybody can help please reply to me or the moderators may get a little
> peeved :-)
>
> Thanks
>
> David Sawyer, Network Support Consultant
> E-Mail: David.Sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com Web: http://www.uk.mckhboc.com

> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
> only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
> must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
> If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
> Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
> is strictly prohibited.

Daniel R. Kilbourne
daniel.kilbourne at corecomm.com
CoreComm Systems Engineering