[mrtg] Getting the basics on Target[help]

C.Prickaerts at UB.UNIMAAS.NL C.Prickaerts at UB.UNIMAAS.NL
Tue May 15 23:29:57 MEST 2001

Hi,

Been using MRTG for a while now, using other people scripts and re-adjusting
them to my hosts. Now I'm trying to do it myself and the first problem
arrives...

I set up a simple script

WorkDir:/home/httpd/html/test
Target[test.host]: .1.3.6.1.2.1.6.5&.1.3.6.1.2.1.6.5:public at 192.168.30.30
MaxBytes[test.host]: 1250000
Title[test.host]: Test page for first mrtg script
PageTop[test.host]: <H1> Pagetop for 1st test page with MRTG </H1>

With GetIF I got the OID on a W2K machine for number of TCP Connections "The
number of times TCP connections have made a direct transition to the
SYN-RCVD state from the LISTEN state" --> .1.3.6.1.2.1.6.5 , Just figured I
could try anything.
Only want to graph one thing, so I did like this OID_1&OID_1 But it doesn't
work, giving me the:

Received SNMP response with error code
  error status: noSuchName

Strangely if I only do OID_1 it makes the graphs, but gives error:

SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.5 ifOutOctets.5 sysUptime sysName on
public at 192.168.30.30

So what am I doing wrong ???

Any remarks are welcome, call me thick if you will, just point out to me why
;)

reagards,

Chris