[mrtg] Re: Win2K Interface ID changes on reboot

Dowling, Steve Steve.Dowling at tafensw.edu.au
Wed May 16 07:24:10 MEST 2001

Folks,

We've seen this on Windows NT4.0 servers.  Sometimes, for perfmon objects,
the OID changes on a reboot.  We never sorted it out, just gradually stopped
monitoring NT server performance.  We _were_ hoping, though, that the move
to WIN2k would give us more stable OIDs.

Thanks for letting us know that even cisco did this, Daniel.

Do any of the winnt experts out there care to comment?

Steve Dowling