[mrtg] Re: Getting the basics on Target[help]

C.Prickaerts at UB.UNIMAAS.NL C.Prickaerts at UB.UNIMAAS.NL
Wed May 16 07:45:55 MEST 2001

Hi Alex,

I know there is a FAQ on this ;) I did first check the faq site, also the
page you suggested. There it says one should check with snmpwalk to see what
the box on which you query the oid returns. It returns me a value nicely,
nothing about instances.

> This is because MRTG is parsing the target incorrect.  It seems to
> think you're looking for "5:public at router".  The problem will probably
> go away when you've fixed the other problem.  If not, leave out the
> leading dot.  (I don't think it is a problem anymore but it shouldn't
> be there anyway).
I took away the leading dot, didn't change anything.

Now I tried OID_1&OID_1 again, and it gave me this in return:

SNMPGET Problem for 1.3.6.1.2.1.6.5 1.3.6.1.2.1.6.5 sysUptime sysName on
public at 192.168.30.30

Doesn't it recognize the '&' ?

Or could it be a OID I'm not supposed to graph?

regards,

Chris