[mrtg] Adding New Clients

Christopher Chaduka kiri at mweb.co.zw
Wed May 16 11:33:27 MEST 2001

Hi,

I am new to this list (and MRTG alike). I work for an ISP and we have
clients added to various routers and portmasters. The previous sys. admin.
set MRTG up and running and left with no proper documentation as to what to
do. I have been asked to work this MRTG and add new clients to monitoring
their traffic, however, I can't figure out how to make MRTG connect to a
router and grab new IPs, generate log files (and maybe HTML files) for
analysis later -- for billing purposes.

My questions are:

Do I have to manually edit the config file and add the new IPs? (..errrrr,
I did that and MRTG complained of missing configuration details).
Doesn't the cfgmaker utility grab IPs and make the config file by default?

Your help will be much appreciated

Kiri