[mrtg] Re: Win2K Interface ID changes on reboot

Ryan Blace RBlace at NewWorldApps.com
Wed May 16 17:32:48 MEST 2001

You might want to try to identify your target using IPADDRESS and not IF id.
If you already do this, never mind.

ie:

Target[traffic-www1-Int]: /10.0.0.5:public at 10.0.0.5
Target[traffic-www1-Ext]: /199.199.15.25:public at 10.0.0.5

-Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Fulton L. Preston Jr. [mailto:fulton at prestons.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 11:54 PM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Win2K Interface ID changes on reboot

Anyone else seeing this?  Everytime I reboot my Win2K Advanced Server
the ID number of the NIC changes and my logs/charts/images/etc.. fail to
work until I re-run cfgmaker and get the new ID.

It has become really annoying because I lose all history when this
happens.

I am running standard MS SNMP service for Win2K and using MRTG 2.9.6.

My interface ID changes from 127.0.0.1_33554436 to 127.0.0.1_16777220 on
my last reboot, WTF?

Fulton Preston.