[mrtg] Re: Problem with duplicate target names?

robert.butler at kodak.com robert.butler at kodak.com
Wed May 16 20:47:19 MEST 2001

From: Robert Butler

     Ok, I'm having a different problem now with getting MRTG to work with
same tartget @ multiple devices.  Under NT, I've created the necessary .cmd
files, and modified the service entry; however, now I can't get the .cmd
file to launch.  The service (using srvany) launches, however no work is
ever performed.  I didn't see any examples of how to launch cmd.exe in the
srvany documentation, so I'm just assuming it'll work.  Below is the
relevant info:

\\HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
\Mrtg1\AppDirectory="c:\mrtg\bin"
\Mrtg1\Application="c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe"
\Mrtg1\AppParameters="/C c:\mrtg\bin\mrtg1.cmd"

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob Butler