[mrtg] Re: MRTG monitoring a switch: Can I label by IP?

Dan Colquhoun dcolquho at opentext.com
Thu May 17 20:37:20 MEST 2001

I tried to do the same thing.  It was pretty much impossible.  I'd come up
with some scheme to get the MAC address off of each port (switches can
usually give you this) and use this to get the IP address somehow.  In the
end I just went with another tool, Ntop www.ntop.org and used it to create
RRD files for each host.  Also it shows traffic by protocol and connection.
Very nice.