[mrtg] Re: ? on includes (I think)

Patrick Bartkus patrckb at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 14:06:33 MEST 2001

Garry,

The issue is that WorkDir is a GLOBAL parameter. That is a feature not a bug
<G>.

Global means that it applies to every target in this run of MRTG.

If you want different WorkDir you have to run a different instance of MRTG.

You could use the Directory[] parameter on a per-Target basis. But
understand that this directory will go under the WorkDir.

Using Include: statements is a good method to organize your configs. I keep
seperate .cfg files for each device and then I have one Include: at the
beginning that is a config file that contains just global parameters for
this run.

I also use different sets of Includes: in a different config file to
organize different views. In other words, the config file that MRTG runs is
not the same config that 14all.cgi runs. This way I can group certain
devices onto seperate web pages.

So the config that MRTG runs contains all cfg files with similar global
parameters. The config that 14all.cgi runs only includes devices that have
something in common such as the router port and servers that belong to one
application.

HTH,
Patrick
---
Patrick Bartkus, CCNP Certified	Sr. Network Support Analyst
Fleet Mortgage (soon to be Wash. Mutual)    Columbia, SC
If truth was not absolute, how could there be justice?