[mrtg] MIB question

Jeroen Heijungs Jeroen.Heijungs at Het-Muziektheater.nl
Fri May 18 14:46:26 MEST 2001

Hello list,

trying to monitor network traffic on a network with only hubs (3Com
SuperStack II).
With Cfgmaker I get  the following target:
1:public at 172.22.10.100:
I suppose this is a abbriviation that MRTG understands and makes a real OID
of,
this produces data and graphs which look good.

BUT
I would like to know WHAT I am actually monitoring and graphing.
Which OID is this, because there are so many, it does not produce the same
figures as
.1.3.6.1.2.1.16.1.1.1.4.1 (etherStatsOctets) or
.1.3.6.1.2.1.16.1.1.1.5.1 (etherStatsPkts)

If someone could throw some light on this, that would be very nice.

tia
Jeroen Heijungs
Het Muziektheater
Amsterdam, The Netherlands