[mrtg] Cisco Local Director VIP monitoring

Goldberg, Joseph Joseph.Goldberg at cendant.com
Fri May 18 22:09:04 MEST 2001

Is there a way to get Virtual IP stats out of a Cisco Local Director?  We
have a Local Director here that is use for 3 web sites.  Each has its own
VIP and we would like to know how much web traffic is going to each.

We have tried monitoring each of the physical Ethernet ports but that is not
just web traffic as each server has only one NIC, it also catches all of the
Database requests, etc.  By monitoring the VIP we will get only web traffic.

If anyone has done this and can pass on a generic config, I would appreciate
it.

Thanks,
Joe Goldberg

Joseph Goldberg
Lead Network Architect
Cendant IT, Network Architecture
900 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY  11530
Email: Joseph.Goldberg at Cendant.com

The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any
virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This message and
its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By reading the
message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about viruses and
other defects. The sender's employer is not liable for any loss or damage
arising in any way from this message or its attachments.