[mrtg] Corrupt logfiles

Lars Holmström lars.holmstrom at flysta.net
Sun May 27 21:20:56 MEST 2001

>From time to time I got the folloing messages. I do understand exactly
WHY they are corrupted which is a result of me playing with the machines
IP addresses etc.

But is there a way to kind of "repair" the files and get MRTG running
without the messages, but may be corrupted graphs ?
I really do not like to delete all logfiles and start from scratch,
since my history will then get lost. I can live with a corrupted graph
for the period when the files are invalid.

=============
Rateup ERROR: /home/mrtg-2.9.4/bin/rateup found ipchains's log file was
corrupt
          or not in sorted order:
time: 990913212.Rateup WARNING: /home/mrtg-2.9.4/bin/rateup could not
read the primary log
file for ipchains
Rateup ERROR: /home/mrtg-2.9.4/bin/rateup found ipchains's log file was
corrupt
          or not in sorted order:
time: 990913212.Rateup WARNING: /home/mrtg-2.9.4/bin/rateup The backup
log file for ipchains
was invalid as well
WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0
 with Exit Value 1 when doing router 'ipchains'
 Signal was 0, Returncode was 1