[mrtg] Which one to use?

Tom Wilcox tom_wilcox at hotmail.com
Mon May 28 10:47:16 MEST 2001

Hello Everyone

I am new to this MRTG and other network monitoring. I installed MRTG and
want to monitor in excess of 200 routers. My problem is, that just
monitoring 10 routers with MRTG, every 5 mins, takes up a lot of resources.

Is there anyway to cut down on this usage. I have seen a lot of front-end
products to use with the RRDTool but am not sure which would be easiest and
most efficient to use on WIn 2K machine?

If somebody could help me out, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tom WIlcox