[mrtg] ERROR: I guess another mrtg is running.

Lewis Bergman lbergman at abi.tconline.net
Thu Nov 1 23:03:08 MET 2001

Hi, I just installed mrtg yesterday and have a question which I can't find in
the FAQ, manual, or lists. This is using the current debian package.
I know it must be in there somewhere because it seems so straightforward.

I have this in my cron entry
*/5 * * * * mrtg --user=mrtg --group=mrtg --logging /var/log/mrtg.log
/etc/mrtg.cfg
(all on one line)

This hits roots mail from crontab each time it runs from:
ERROR: I guess another mrtg is running. A lockfile
(/var/lock/mrtg/_etc_mrtg.cfg_l) aged
0 seconds is hanging around. If you are sure that no other mrtg
is running you can remove the lockfile

The log is empty. I am getting this each time it runs. All graphs are updated
and display correctly.
--
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications