[mrtg] Re: NT Error Stopping MRTG Service

KELLY David (NQ) david.kelly at ergon.com.au
Thu Nov 8 22:51:56 MET 2001

Mathew

I have the same problem.  I noticed it after the server had crashed.  The
guts of it was that the file permissions were incorrect.  I was able to run
it fine from a command prompt but as a service (cron, at etc) it would fail.
The is a resource kit utility (fixacls.exe) that will restore the defualt NT
file permissions on the system disk.  Check the root of your system disk and
see whether the system account has full control.  If not then run this
utility and restat your daemon.

Dave Kelly
Network Systems Administrator
Ergon Energy