[mrtg] Re: Monitor inactive interfaces on switch

Albinati, Luis Martin Albo at prima.com.ar
Fri Nov 9 00:32:04 MET 2001

There is another problema with Catalyst Switches and that is that by
default, inactive interfaces have the Bandwith parameter set to 0, probably
because the Switch doesn't know if the port will be connected to a 100Mbps
or a 10Mbps NIC, but that makes cfgmaker to comment those ports arguing that
"Interface has a speed of 0 which makes no sense", I guess that could be
easily corrected by setting the parameter bandwith to 100 or 10 manually in
the configuration of the Switch.

Best regards,
Luis