[mrtg] Re: forking details

David Sawyer david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com
Wed Nov 14 18:15:24 MET 2001

------snip

> How does mrtg decide how many targets each fork takes care of?
> In the beginning, I assumed if 4 forks were specified, each fork
> would take 1/4 of the targets in the config file, but this does
> not seem to be the case.

I use MRTG+RRDTool on a Windows system, so I can't give any input regarding
forks, but...

Have you considered splitting your configs into several smaller ones and
still use the forks option within the configs.
or
If it's a small group of devices that are going down every week, you could
make this group separate to the rest.

HTH

David Sawyer

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.