[mrtg] Re: pro mrtg

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Nov 15 13:04:53 MET 2001

I think you are saying you get an error when you execute mrtg?

It looks like snmp is not running on your target machine.  Either that or your community name is something other than mrtg, like public.

If possible, try to post in English, although there are some french speaking people on the list.
I'm just lucky that my wife is a french teacher ;-) ...

Paul

>>> "ilham" <ilhamzo at dialy.net> 11/15/01 06:58 AM >>>
qd j'execute le mrtg j'ai l'erreur suivante:
snmp error:
no response received
snmpv1_session (remote host: "*.*.*.*" [*.*.*.*].161)
                           community :"mrtg"
                           request ID     : 1056788790
                           PDU bufsize  : 8000 bytes
                           timeout         : 2s
                           retries           : 5
                           backoff          :1)
at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm line 450
SNMPGET Problem for sysName on  mrtg @*.*.*.*
at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg line 1487
WARNING : Expected a number but got ' '
WARNING : Expected a number but got ' '