[mrtg] Cisco VLAN Question

Harris harris at nvnet.org
Mon Nov 19 20:53:25 MET 2001

I have a Cisco 6506 with a 16 port gigabit module and a 48 port 10/100
module. The system is running as a layer 3 router. On the switch side
various ports are tied together into different VLANs. There are a total of
13 different VLANs. On the router side each VLAN is given a router IP
port. when I run the cfgmaker software it rems out the VLAN interfaces. Is
there a way to configure mrtg to see the traffic going across the VLAN's
router ip? If this is not possible I would be happy with the gigabit
ports' traffic. I tried to do this on the switch side, but that did not
seem to work either. Any suggestions that can point me in the right
direction would be most appreciated.

George Harris
Network Engineer
Northern Valley Regional High School