[mrtg] calculate_traffic.pl replacement/alternative?

Phil. C. bullfrog at intergate.ca
Thu Nov 22 11:23:53 MET 2001

My ISP calculates my traffic usage using MRTG.  He takes the Monthly
average in: kb/s count and uses it for billing.  From what I can tell,
I'm being billed for 33.33 days, every month, which isn't very
accurate.  I hate the thought of paying for the same BW twice ;)

I thought that maybe the graph could be changed to 31 days/month but
after reading the 'MRTG Image from 33 hours to 24 hours' thread, I see
that it's not that easy.

Searching groups.google.com I came across several posts about
calculate_traffic.pl.  But when I check the contrib directory of the
MRTG distribution, I can't find it.  Does this script still exist?
Has it been replaced?  Or, is there another similar script that can
calculate traffic usage over a given date range?

If there is such a script available, my next challenge will be to
convince my ISP (very non technical, ugh) to use it :)

I appreciate any help or advice.

Phil.