[mrtg] Re: snmp problems

Robert_Mersberger at BeverlyCorp.com Robert_Mersberger at BeverlyCorp.com
Wed Nov 28 16:01:02 MET 2001

The syntax is snmpget -c (community name) (ip address) mib string

I was also told at one time that you cannot monitor cpu usages on bay
equipment, all the trace is memory usage. If you know more please let me
know.

Hope this helps

-----Original Message-----
From: josh elson [mailto:josh at webintellects.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 6:59 PM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] snmp problems

First of all thanks to everyone that has helped me so far. I am making
progress. Unfortunately I don't know much about switches or mrtg. I can
do a simple snmpget/walk on my local machine, so I am pretty sure the
problem is on the switch. Can someone please advise me on how to set up
a community string? Thanks in advance for all the help

Kind Regards,
Josh Elson
WebIntellects Technical Support
josh at webintellects.com