[mrtg] not-unknaszero (14all)

Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com
Thu Nov 29 16:54:03 MET 2001

I searched through the archives for past discussion on the
following problem and found some references, but no solutions.
So I'm asking again thinking I'm either missing something
really obvious, or that this is actually a legitimate
problem/bug/lack of functionality.
I do not have unknaszero enabled in any of my configs, yet
when my machine misses some polls, I end up with gaps of
zero-value data in my graph output from 14all.cgi. I would
much prefer to have it the old way in that the last valid
value would be repeated until new, valid data is available,
but this does not appear to be the way 14all.cgi works
when generating the graphs.
My conclusion (right now) is that Options[_]: unknaszero is
the default mode of operation for 14all.cgi whereas this was
not the case with the old static graph genration (rateup)
method. Is this correct? Is there a way to get 14all to generate
graphs with the old repeated (usually non-zero) values in
the case of unknown/missing data in the RRDs?