[mrtg] Re: operations on OIDs

WEYMIENS Bruno FTRD/DMI/SOP bruno.weymiens at rd.francetelecom.com
Tue Oct 2 18:04:33 MEST 2001

hi again,

- 1st mistake : I wanted to divide by 2.000.000, so the result would have
been between 0 and 1 (decimal number !), and so I suppose MRTG would have
always graphed 0 ; so I had to multiply the result by 100
- 2nd : without parenthesis, I was calculating (cf Richard Bragg's answer
below) : a+(b/c), so a result near 0 (b<<c)

now, dividing by 20.000, and adding parenthesis, the result is between 0 and
100 !

Great !
Thanx to all