[mrtg] RRD Problem or bug

강진모 multytec at kinx.net
Wed Oct 10 11:16:23 MEST 2001

Now, I use MRTG,RRDtool
I use BlackDiamond 6808 switch and I monitor this switch.
In this switch, if I clear the counter when i monitor port utilization in switch, MRTG(with RRD) show very high traffic(it means that suddenly the traffic increase and decrease)
But the other side of ports which is linked switch, there are no traffic!

but when I don't use RRD, there are no spike(sudden high traffic) in same environment.
And we complain to Extreme which is the company made BlackDiamond switch.
but they say that I's a MRTG or RRD's bug

I don't know it's a switch's or mrtg's bug!

Anyone who know about this things, help me!!

thanks~~

 I love MRTG & RRD ^^

°­  Áø  ¸ð
KINX,INC.
±â¼ú¿î¿µÆÀ
°­³²±¸ µµ°îµ¿ 467-6 ´ë¸² ¾ÆÅ©·ÎÅÚ 5Ãþ 135-270
´ëÇ¥ : 2187-6377
Á÷Åë : 2187-6382
Æѽº : 2187-6388
ÇÚµåÆù : 017-306-0403