[mrtg] IN/OUT Interface Errors on Cisco

Ford, Andrew Andrew.Ford at schwab.com
Wed Oct 10 14:51:09 MEST 2001

Hello.

I am using the following configuration to monitor in/out errors on a
point-to-point standard T1. What comes out on the graph is not what I want.
What I get is a read-out saying I am registering 6 errors per second over
the polling interval. What I want is to know how many errors I actually
observed during the polling interval. In this case, assuming a steady flow
during the 5 minute period, I should see an entry of 1800 (6errs * 60seconds
* 5 minutes) and my text readout below the graph should say that I have had
an average 1800 errors during the polling period. I don't care how many I
get per second. I just want to know how many I get during the polling
interval.

Am I missing something very basic? Does the generation script need to be
tweaked?

Thanks for any help, and I apologize if I have overlooked something obvious
in the docs. Yes, I have read the docs.

#Input and Output Errors
Target[rbba0sbb_wanerr]: ifInErrors.7&ifOutErrors.7:community at rbba0sbb:
Options[rbba0sbb_wanerr]: gauge, nopercent
SetEnv[rbba0sbb_wanerr]: MRTG_INT_IP="162.93.54.253"
MRTG_INT_DESCR="Serial0"
MaxBytes[rbba0sbb_wanerr]: 100000
YLegend[rbba0sbb_wanerr]: In & Out Errs
ShortLegend[rbba0sbb_wanerr]: err/s
Legend1[rbba0sbb_wanerr]: Input Errors
Legend2[rbba0sbb_wanerr]: Output Errors

Andy Ford
Network Systems Admin
Austin Service Center
Charles Schwab & Co.

WARNING: All e-mail sent to or from this address will be received or
otherwise recorded by the Charles Schwab corporate e-mail system and is
subject to archival, monitoring or review by, and/or disclosure to, someone
other than the recipient