[mrtg] Sub-interfaces on Juniper routers

Ivette Reategui reategi at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Wed Oct 10 17:15:48 MEST 2001

I'm in charge of running MRTG on different devices.  I just started it on a Juniper M160.  I'm not an expert on routers, and this is where I get stuck.  Our network engineer would like to see traffic on separate units on the Juniper router.  Is it possible to graph subinterfaces, units above 0 in JunOS?  We would like to get traffic for atm-connected folks individual rates instead of the aggregate.  How can I get MRTG to show the units.  Our network engineer would like me to set up mrtg
to use units from the start, he says that "then .0 is the major and I suspect all
the units will be reported."

I would appeciate any assistance with this.

- Ivette

>>> "Paul C. Williamson" <pwilliamson at mandtbank.com> 10/10/01 10:40AM >>>

I run it via cron...tried Daemon, didn't like that I had to kill it and
restart it for any changes to take affect.  Although having a Big
Brother client on my mrtg box watching the process would handle
a restart of the daemon when it dies...

Paul

>>> "Tyler J. Frederick" <tyler at sportsline.com> 10/10/01 09:59AM >>>

How is everyone here running MRTG?  I prefer to run it as a daemon, but it
unexpectedly died on me last nite at 4:22am for no apparent reason.  Is
cron the prefered method to run it?

tf.

--
Tyler J. Frederick