[mrtg] Re: SNMPGET: Failed to reach target

Chirhart, Brian bchirhart at fnni.com
Mon Oct 15 21:24:56 MEST 2001

Just covering all the bases...

Is the MRTG collector still connected to the network.  I find it hard to
believe that all the devices are unreachable and it is the devices fault.
Even if someone changed ALL the community strings on ALL your devices, other
red flags would be going up WAY before you noticed MRTG was no longer
collecting data.  Check to see if you can ping the devices from that box and
then start from there.  It would be my guess that you won't be able to, but
I could be wrong...  Again, just covering bases.