[mrtg] Pop configs

Keith Olmstead kolmstea at centurytel.net
Thu Oct 18 00:04:47 MEST 2001

Is there a way that I can make a cfg that is on a pop lvl?  Right now I
have one cfg file for each dialup box, ie pm3-1, pm3-2, pm3-3.  What I am
needing to do is create a cfg file that i can use to see the total number
of users in a dialup city.  We used to do it with this target:

Target[xxxxx]: `cat /home/httpd/html/popstats/pm3-1` + `cat
/home/httpd/html/popstats/pm3-2` + `cat /home/httpd/html/popstats/pm3-3'+
`cat /home/httpd/html/popstats/pm3-4`

what the pm3-1 has it in is the total number of modems online for that box.

Now we don't have that file, we get the total number of user online with an
snmp variable.
Is there a way to get a cfg file that does this?

If someone does not understand, let me know.

Thanks,

Keith Olmstead
CenturyTel Network